To become anti-racist, we need to understand the origins of racism within our discipline. "Modern science has historically been the domain of an elite, white male minority residing in the global north, and ethical and instrumental arguments for increasing diversity in science have become well circulated and promoted." - King et al. (2018, Facets)
Click images to visit the speakers' home pages.
Links to the papers and other resources will be available a week ahead of the session's start date. Live interview links will be emailed to pods.
- Reading (first paper)
- Reading (second paper)
- Reading (third page)
- Optional Reading - Report on the First National Conference
- How to Facilitate a POD
- Deliverable - Demographic Data
- URGE Deliverable - Demographic Data Example
- Supplemental Readings (optional)
- Submit Session Deliverable
- Recorded Interview
- Inclusivity Tip Video
- List of Deliverables
- Deliverables Deadline Schedule