... where pods improve first-drafts of anti-racist policies and resources
Refinement is the stage in URGE where pods improve the first drafts of their policies and resources. Refinement runs from September 2021 to December 2022.
During Fall 2021, URGE:
- Hosted a live event to describe the future of URGE and answer questions from participants
- Hosted BIPOC sessions to continue supporting and elevating the voices of Geoscientists of Color
- Provided opportunities for participants to support URGE through the purchase of merchandise
- Hosted URGE anti-racist sessions at national conferences (AGU and GSA)
During 2022, URGE will:
- Work closely with existing pods to refine the policies and resources they developed
- Liaise with leaders at participants’ workplaces to help receive buy-in on behalf of URGE pods
- Communicate the vision and findings of URGE to the public
- Continue providing opportunities for participants to support URGE through merchandise purchases
URGE is supported by the National Science Foundation under grants EAR-1714909 and EAR-2126109, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, and Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed on this website are those of the URGE leadership team and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, or Scripps Institution of Oceanography.